2 April 2007 - Praise and Prayer from Robert & Dara

Dear brethren in Christ,

Thank God for enabling us to create a blog, an online diary to publish our updates, articles, video clips and even links that connect to our Picasa web album and other websites. Thank God for sending brother Vernon Quek to help to set up the blog for us. With it, we will post all our updates, God willing, from now onwards. Thank God for such advanced technology, and best of all, it is available to us free of charge :) . Our blog address is: http://christianhomeoflove.blogspot.com. Please also note that our email address has changed. From now onwards, please send emails to robertdara@gmail.com. Thanks.

Thank God for answering our prayer. After sending out the previous update, requesting to pray for rain, God sent us rain. The haze around our locality is almost cleared by now. Thanks for all your prayer. Truly, as it is written, “the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”
(James 5:16, KJV).

The weather here is getting hotter and hotter each day. Please continue to pray with us as we try to invite the students around Mae Ai town (where our shop is located) for the English lessons.

As Good Friday and Easter Sunday are approaching, we have set aside the entire week for nightly worship. Our aim is to teach our people the daily activities that occupied our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ’s life throughout the Passion Week. Robert will be preaching on Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Easter Sunday. Adam will preach on Tuesday. Elder Wee will take Wednesday and Good Friday. Pray that God will use His Word to challenge the congregation to love Him more and live for Him. Surely, if Jesus has loved us so much that He willingly go to the cross to die for us, should we not also love Him more in return? And if Jesus has given up His all for us, is it too much for us to put Him first in our lives?

Let’s take some time to meditate on what the following hymn (written by Frances Havergal) says about our Lord Jesus Christ:

I gave my life for thee, My precious blood I shed,
that thou might’st ransomed be, And quickened from the dead;
I gave, I gave My life for thee – What hast thou given me?

I suffered much for thee, More than thy tongue can tell,
Of bitt’rest agony, To rescue thee from Hell;
I’ve borne, I’ve borne it all for thee – What hast thou borne for Me?

And I have brought to thee, Down from My home above,
Salvation full and free, My pardon and My love;
I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee – What hast thou bought to Me?


His unworthy Servants,
Robert, Dara, Evangel, Evangeline Peh
and all in the Christian Home of Love
2 April 2007